Saturday, May 5, 2007

Chapter 5


Jon crossed the room to where Richie and Faith were standing. Faith held out her hand, "Hi, I'm Faith." Jon smiled and took her hand, "Hi Faith, it's a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for the show." Faith's cheeks reddened, "I'm just glad I wasn't murdering one of your songs." Jon laughed. Faith looked at both men, "I should probably have told Richie this earlier, but I have been a fan for a long time. I think the two of you write the most amazing songs." Richie spoke up, "thanks, but why didn't you mention that this afternoon?" Faith looked up at him and when she met his eyes, she felt something flutter low in her belly. "We were having a nice time, I didn't want to ruin it." Richie nodded his understanding. "You didn't even act like some fans we have met. No screaming or anything." Faith gave a short laugh. "You didn't see me when I got home!" More laughter ensued.

Jon watched the exchange between Richie and Faith. He saw the easiness of their interaction and the chemistry between the two was undeniable. It seemed to him that she might be good for his friend. She certainly was as pretty as Richie had said. Jon wondered what the hesitation on Richie's part could be. Then he saw it. The ring on the all important finger on her left hand. So that's it. As Richie and Faith talked Jon slipped from the room unnoticed.

Faith looked around, "apparently I scared off your friend." "Nah, he probably just got bored waiting for me. Don't take it personal." Faith smiled, "well I am sure you two need to get back to what you were doing. I should finish up and get out of your way." Richie took her hand before she turn away from him. "Faith, can I see you again?" Faith looked up at him, "I ..." she paused, "I don't know what to say." Suddenly she was feeling nervous. "Well you could say 'sure Richie, I'd like that'". Faith glanced away briefly before meeting his gaze, "sure Richie, I'd like that." He smiled at her. "Well then, I guess it's a date. I'll call you." They said their goodbyes and he left her to finish up.

Richie walked into the room where Jon was once again strumming his guitar. Jon looked up as Richie came into the room. "So that was Faith? She seems like a nice woman. Just one thing, why didn't you mention that she was married?" Richie eyed his friend, "I asked her about that earlier. She says she's not married, not anymore." Jon was glad to hear that. "If she is divorced why is she still wearing the ring?" Richie didn't know the answer to that. "I tried to ask her a couple times, but we kept getting interrupted, but I am going to find out." Jon nodded, "you do that. But in the meantime, let's get to work."

Faith sat in her car in the parking lot, hands on the steering wheel, staring at her ring. I can't believe I made a date. I haven't been on a date since, well since forever. What was I thinking? There was a knock on her window and she jumped and screamed before rolling the window down. It was Richie. "Are you okay?" "Considering the heart attack you just gave me, I'm fine." He smiled at her, leaned in and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Be careful going home." "I will." He turned and walked to his car as she started hers and drove off.

3 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

Stephanie, so glad to have the next chapter! Can't wait to see how "the conversation" finally goes!

-- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoyin this!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the next chapter and to seeing how they deal with the 'conversation' about Faith's hubby.

RICHIEFAN