Sunday, August 5, 2007

Chapter 38


Dinner was full of conversation and laughter. Richie and Faith shared their news with the rest of the guys. They toasted Richie and Faith and wished them all the best. After dinner they headed back to the bar. It was still relatively early and none of them were ready to turn in quite yet. As they found a table in an inconspicuous corner Jon looked over at Faith. "Hey Faith, I think they're playing your song." Faith flushed to the roots of her hair, Livin' in Fast Forward was playing through the bar. David and Tico looked at Jon, they had no idea what was going on. Jon filled them in, "when I first met Faith she was singing and dancing to this song while she was cleaning the studio." David looked over at her, "care to show the rest of us?" Faith had to laugh, "not on your life." "Aw come on, please" Dave begged. Faith laughed at him, "sorry, I only sing and dance while I work. I'm on vacation so you're out of luck." Dave pouted and shook his head "damn. I always miss the good stuff." Faith took pity on him, "well, if you show me yours, I'll show you mine!" Dave stood up and grabbed her hand, "you're on lady!"

They managed to catch the last two minutes of the song and that was enough to have the table doubled over in laughter.

Dave and Faith returned to the table, he bowed and she curtsied and they joined in the laughter.

Dave looked over at Richie, "you got a good one there my friend" he said pointing at Faith, "I liker her." Richie put his arm around Faith, "thanks, but just remember, she's mine." Dave nodded his head, "I know, you have all the luck man." He turned his attention to Faith, "any chance you have a sister?" Faith smiled at him, "actually, I do." Dave perked up at that, "really?" The guys were all watching and trying not to laugh at him. Faith nodded her head, "really." Faith didn't elaborate and David continued questioning her. "What, does she live in LA too?" "Nope, she lives in New Jersey." Richie was trying to contain himself, he knew what was coming. David was really interested now, "if she's anything like you I gotta meet her. What's her name?" Faith shook her head, "her name is Grace. But Dave," she stopped and he looked at her, "what?" Faith grinned at him, "she's married and has two kids." Richie couldn't hold the laughter back any longer and once he started he had the whole table going.

"Man you should have seen yourself" Richie told David once he regained his composure. He turned to Faith, "that was good. Usually no one can get him going like that." Faith grinned at Richie and then turned to Dave, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that to you." He shook his head, "that's okay, no harm done. Just remember," he smiled "paybacks are a bitch." She shook her head and laughed, "what have I gotten myself into?"

They finally settled down and Dave went to get another round of drinks. Jon and Richie were talking and Tico finally had a chance to ask Faith a question. "So darlin' how did you and Rich meet?" Faith smiled at him, he was more soft spoken than she had thought he'd be. "Actually, our daughters met first. We were at the beach and the girls hit it off. The next thing I knew I was sharing a beach blanket with Richie." Richie heard his name and he turned and smiled at her. She leaned in close to Tico "it was one of the best days of my life." He rubbed her hand with his and then glanced at Richie, "you're good for him darlin'. We haven't seen him smile so much in too long." She looked over at Richie and then back at Tico, "I'm glad you think so. I love him and I just want him to be happy."

They sat and talked a while longer and when a slow song started Richie asked Faith to dance with him. She wrapped her left arm around his shoulders and ran her fingers into his hair while he took her right hand and held her close. He left hand roamed up and down her back before settling at the small of her back. "Are you having a good time darlin'?" His breath was warm at her ear and sent a shiver right through her. "I am." They continued to move almost as one to the music, losing themselves to Faith Hill,

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
I’m closer than I've ever felt before
And I know
And you know
There's no need for words right now

‘Cause I can feel you breathe
It's washing over me
Suddenly I'm melting into you
There's nothing left to prove
Baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn't that the way that love's supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn't that the way that love's supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way

When the song ended they stayed where they were, neither realizing the music had stopped. Richie gazed down at the woman in his arms and felt a rush like nothing he had felt before. "Want to get out of here?" Faith held his gaze and nodded her head. They made their way back to the table and said their goodnights. They made it to the elevator and as the doors closed Richie pulled her to him and his mouth was on hers as he searched for the button for their floor.

They no sooner got in their room when Richie had Faith up against the door. Faith pushed at him, "Richie, wait" she panted. He pulled back and looked at her, "what?" She stepped around him and sucked in a breath. "I have something for you." She took his hand and led him to one of the chairs, "sit here, I'll be right back." He called after her, "can I have a hint?" She looked over her shoulder at him and gave him a sexy smile, "no, just be patient."

When Faith stepped back into the room Richie had his eyes closed and his head leaned back against the back of the chair. Faith walked over near him, "Richie?" He opened his eyes and took in the vision standing before him. He started at her feet, they were still clad in the sexy strappy sandals from earlier. His eyes traveled up the length of her legs, something purple, dark inky purple started at mid thigh. His eyes moved up further, the slip for lack of a better word, clung to every curve and the top was like a bra and it pushed her already fine breasts up just a bit higher. He got to her face and her eyes were lit with a fire from within. All for him. For the first time he could remember, he couldn't think of a damn thing to say.

She glanced at the clock and then back at him, "Happy Birthday Baby."

5 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

Oh yeah! Happy Birthday indeed! I loved the interaction with the other guys, and of course, can't wait to see what happens when Richie unwraps his present!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby, indeed!!!

Ok, that's it! I want Richie!!!

I also love the banter between Faith and Dave.

Starr said...

Well this would be a birthday celebration any red blooded man would appreciate and Richie is certainly that!

Loved the scene between Faith and Dave too..

Great job Steph!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, happy birthday!!!!!
Well done Steph!
-Andrea-

Queenie said...

I would love to give him a birthday present like that myself!

Thanks for all the love girls. Hang in there for the unwrapping!